Am I Rural?
The Am I Rural? service can be used to help determine whether a specific location is considered rural based on various definitions of rural, including definitions that are used as eligibility criteria for federal programs. The information provided by this service addresses only the rural aspect of a program's requirements. Your "Am I Rural?" report is not a guarantee of your eligibility status. Please check with the program contacts directly to verify your eligibility for specific federal programs.
Create a custom report for your location: Am I Rural?
Common Rural Definitions
- Rural Urban Commuting Areas (RUCAs), by ZIP code and Census tract
- Core Based Statistical Areas
- Rural Urban Continuum Codes (RUCC)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Urban Influence Codes (UICs)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics status
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Medicare Telemedicine Reimbursement
- Office of Rural Health Policy Grant Programs:
For more information about rural definitions, please see the What is Rural? Topic Guide.