Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Procurement and Grant Office (PGO)
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
The Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations grant program will provide financial assistance to applicants serving tribal health departments (or their equivalents) so these organizations can provide capacity building assistance, (CBA) to improve tribal health department quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in the delivery of public health services.
Specifically, assistance will be provided in the following two priority areas:
- Capacity building assistance to prepare for public health department accreditation
- Capacity building assistance to implement model program and policy practices that address Winnable Battles that are culturally appropriate to AI/AN populations and address highest priority public health needs
Eligible applicants include:
- Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments
- American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
- Alaska Native health corporations
- Urban Indian health organizations
- Tribal epidemiology centers
- State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau)
- Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entity
Expected Number of Awards: 3
Estimated Total Program Funding: $585,000
Award Ceiling: $300,000
Award Floor: $292,000
A link to the application is available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RAC does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.