Oregon Rural Medical Practitioner's Insurance Subsidy Program
The Oregon Rural Medical Practitioner's Insurance Subsidy Program offers reimbursement for medical malpractice insurance policy premiums to physicians and nurse practitioners who practice in rural Oregon.
Physicians and nurse practitioners who work in rural areas and provide services to patients who use Medicare or medical assistance are eligible to apply. If malpractice coverage is provided through a health care facility and you are employed by that facility, you are not eligible to participate in this program.
Reimbursement is offered at the following rates:
- Physicians specializing in obstetrics
- Nurse practitioners certified for obstetric care
- Physicians specializing in family or general practice who provide obstetrical services
- Doctors or nurse practitioners engaging in one or
more of the following practices:
- Family practice without obstetrics
- General practice
- Internal medicine
- Pulmonary medicine
- General surgery
- All other physicians and nurse practitioners
Links to the application process for physicians and nurse practitioners are available on the program website. Medical professionals must complete and affidavit and fax it to Linda Peppler at 503.494.4798.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RAC does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.