RGK Foundation Grants
The RGK Foundation awards grants in the following areas:
- Education: Supports programs that focus on formal K-12 education (particularly mathematics, science and reading), teacher development, literacy, and higher education.
Community: Supports a broad range of
human services, community improvement, abuse
prevention, and youth development programs. Of
particular interest are programs that focus on:
- Children and family services
- Early childhood development
- Parenting education
- Nonprofit management and philanthropy
- Youth after school programs
- Health/Medicine: Supports programs that promote the health and well-being of children, programs that promote access to health services, and Foundation-initiated programs focusing on ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).
Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations certified as tax exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a). Hospitals, educational institutions, and governmental institutions meeting these requirements are eligible to apply. Organizations that have completed and filed Form 1023 but not yet received an IRS determination letter are not eligible to apply.
Grant amounts vary. Examples of project funding for previous years is available on the program web site.
All applicants must complete an electronic Letter of Inquiry. A link to the LOI process is available on the program website. Selected applicants will be asked to submit a full proposal.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RAC does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.