Rural Access to Emergency Devices Grant Program (RAED)
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Rural Access to Emergency Devices (RAED) Grant Program will provide funding to rural community partnerships to expand access to and knowledge of automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
Funding may be used to:
- Purchase AEDs that have been approved, or cleared for marketing, by the Food and Drug Administration
- Provide defibrillator and basic life support training in automated external defibrillator usage through the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or other nationally recognized training courses
- Place the AEDs in rural communities with local organizations
Eligible applicants must be community partnerships composed of local emergency response entities such as:
- Community training facilities
- Local emergency responders
- Fire and rescue departments
- Community hospitals
- Local nonprofit entities and for-profit entities concerned about cardiac arrest survival rates
A list of rural areas eligible to receive AEDs is available on the Office of Rural Health website. Eligible rural counties can be found at: http://datawarehouse.hrsa.gov/RuralAdvisor/RuralHealthAdvisor.aspx.
In addition to eligible rural areas in the 50 States, applicants or members of the partnership can be located in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Territories of the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Compact Free Association Jurisdictions of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Republic of Palau, and the Federated States of Micronesia.
Total Funds Available: $450,000
Number of Awards: 3
Award Ceiling: $150,000 per year
Links to the full announcement and electronic application are available through grants.gov.
A technical assistance conference call will be held April
1, 2014 at 1 p.m. ET.
Phone call-in: 888.566.5773
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RAC does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.