Skip to main content
RAC logo

Search Options

National Rural Organizations with an Interest in Health

The organizations listed on this page have a broad interest in rural health and human services. To find organizations and agencies that focus on a specific topic, please consult the topic guide.

AgriSafe Network
Phone: 866.312.3002
Supports and trains health professionals who deliver occupational health services to farm families. National headquarters is located in Spencer, IA.

American College of Small or Rural Healthcare (ACSRH)
Phone: 312.321.6815
Part of the American Academy of Medical Administrators (AAMA). A shared interest group that focuses on the special needs and interests of small or rural healthcare organizations.

American Hospital Association Section for Small or Rural Hospitals
Phone: 312.422.3306
Represents the interests of small and rural hospitals and ensures that the unique needs of this segment of AHA's membership are a national priority.

Association of Clinicians for the Underserved (ACU)
Phone: 703.442.5318
A nonprofit, transdisciplinary organization of clinicians, advocates, and health care organizations working to improve the health of America's underserved populations and to enhance the development and support of the medical and dental clinicians serving these populations.

Center for Rural Affairs (CRA)
Phone: 402.687.2100
Works to strengthen small businesses, family farms and ranches, and rural communities throughout the nation. Foundation is based in Nebraska.

National Association for Rural Mental Health (NARMH)
Phone: 202.942.4276
Works to develop and enhance rural mental health and substance abuse services, and to support mental health providers in rural areas.

National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC)
Phone: 866.306.1961
Works to improve the delivery of quality, cost-effective health care in rural underserved areas through the Rural Health Clinics (RHC) Program.

National Center for Farmworker Health (NCFH)
Phone: 800.531.5120
Dedicated to improving the health status of farmworker families by providing information services and products to a network of more than 500 migrant health center service sites in the United States as well as other organizations and individuals serving the farmworker population.

National Center for Frontier Communities (NCFC)
Phone: 575.534.0101 ext. 2102
The national organization dedicated to the issues and concerns of frontier communities. The Center serves as a national clearinghouse, conducts research, informs policy, and provides education on issues of importance to frontier communities.

National Center for Rural Health Works
Develops tools for local residents to measure the economic impact of their health care system and to identify new health care services needed by their community. Provides training workshops and technical assistance to help clients understand and use these tools.

National Cooperative of Health Networks Association (NCHN)
Phone: 970.712.0732
A national nonprofit organization of health networks, alliances, collaboratives, and consortium. Supports and strengthens these organizations through collaboration, networking, leadership development and education. NCHN's membership currently includes approximately 60 networks (mostly rural) representing over 600 hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, community-based health programs, and Health Information Technology (HIT) organizations.

National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH)
Phone: 586.336.4627
Works to foster and promote legislation, information exchange, education, and liaison activities with all State Offices of Rural Health, the federal Office of Rural Health Policy, the National Rural Health Association, and other organizations.

National Rural Health Association (NRHA)
Phone: 816.756.3140
Promotes leadership, ideas, information, communication, education, research, advocacy, and methods to improve rural health. Composed of individual and organizational members who share a common interest in rural health.

National Rural Health Resource Center (RHRC)
Provides technical assistance and information resources on performance Improvement, health Information technology, recruitment & retention, community health assessments, networking, strategic planning and leadership training.

National Rural Recruitment & Retention Network (3RNet)
Phone: 800.787.2512
Works to help physicians and other health care professionals find practice opportunities in rural areas throughout the country. Also allows employers from rural and underserved communities to post healthcare job opportunities. Includes state information and a list of state contacts.

Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
Phone: 800.270.1898
Helps rural communities and other rural stakeholders access the full range of available programs, funding, and research that can enable them to provide quality health and human services to rural residents.

Rural Community Assistance Partnership (RCAP)
Phone: 800.321.7227
Provides technical assistance services and training related to rural solid waste programs, housing, economic development, public health, comprehensive community assessment and planning, and environmental regulations.

Rural Nurse Organization (RNO)
Supports the needs of rural nurses.

Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI)
Phone: 573.882.0316
Conducts policy-relevant research and facilitates public dialogue to assist policymakers in understanding the rural impacts of public policies and programs.

Phone: 1-800-270-1898

Copyright@ 2002–2014 Rural Assistance Center. All rights reserved.
Accessibility | Disclaimer | Fraud Advisory | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

Funding for this project was supported by Grant Number U56RH05539 from the Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents of this website are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the funder.