Skip to main content
RAC logo

Search Options

Health Education Financial Aid

Many rural areas experience shortages of physicians, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, and other essential health care providers. Many government and private sources offer programs which assist students with the cost of education in health care fields through grants, loans, fellowships, scholarships, and student loan repayment.

Some programs require a specified term of service in an underserved area or have other special conditions. General student financial aid is also available to qualified applicants. This guide is designed to help you locate programs and organizations which make health education more accessible and affordable.


Federal Student Aid Information Center:
Help page:
Phone: 1.800.433.3243 or 319.337.5665

State Higher Education Agency State Directory:
Provides information on each state's education programs, colleges and universities, financial aid assistance programs, grants, scholarships, continuing education programs and career opportunities.

There are more organizations related to Health Education Financial Aid in the organizations section.

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Reviewed: 11/25/2012

Featured Resource
Indian Health Service Loan Repayment Program view details
Suggest a Resource
Know of a resource you think should appear on our site? Suggest a resource

Phone: 1-800-270-1898

Copyright@ 2002–2014 Rural Assistance Center. All rights reserved.
Accessibility | Disclaimer | Fraud Advisory | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

Funding for this project was supported by Grant Number U56RH05539 from the Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents of this website are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the funder.