Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program
The Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program will provide support to Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for quality improvement, quality reporting, performance improvements, and benchmarking; designating facilities as critical access hospitals; and the provision of rural emergency medical services (EMS).Grantees will be expected to work to:
- Improve the quality of care provided by CAHs
- Improve the financial and operational outcomes of CAHs
- Understand the community health and EMS Needs of CAHs
- Enhance the health of rural communities through community/population health improvement
- Improve identification and management of Time Critical Diagnoses and engage EMS capacity and performance in Rural Communities
- Support the financial and operational transition to value based models and healthcare transformation models in the healthcare system
Only States with certified Critical Access Hospitals are eligible for this grant program. The Governor designates the eligible applicant from each state.
Total Funding Available: $22,540,000
Award Ceiling: $750,000
Number of Awards: Up to 45
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
A technical assistance teleconference will be held on
February 12, 2015 from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. EST.
Call-in number: 800.369.1817
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RAC does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.