The Rural Assistance Center (RAC) does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed on the RAC website. The RAC website provides links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users. The RAC is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does RAC endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
RAC is an information service. All services provided by the Rural Assistance Center are free. Please be advised that although we provide information about funding opportunities, we do not providing funding or loans. We will never ask for payment or personal/business financial information.Website Selection Guidelines
The Rural Assistance Center assists those seeking to improve and maintain the access, quality and financial viability of rural health and human services delivery systems. To do this, the RAC maintains a variety of web pages, including Topic Guides on many rural health and human services topics. We provide links to information produced by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and other federal and state government organizations. We also link to other websites and full-text documents. The selection guidelines we use in evaluating links are listed below.
- The producer or sponsor of the website is clearly identified and is a respected and dependable source.
- Content of the website is relevant to rural issues. The site provides unique information with a minimum of overlap between resources.
- The source of the content is clearly identified.
- The purpose of the website is to provide information and is not selling a product or service.
- Most content is available at no charge.
- The site is well-organized and easy to use.
- The content of the site is accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Information is current or an update date is included.
- The website is consistently available.
- Links from the site are maintained.
- Registration is not required to view the information on the site.