Federally Qualified Health Centers
If you are looking for a HRSA-supported Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), you can search for FQHCs by address, state, county and ZIP code at Find a Health Center.
Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) include all organizations receiving grants under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act, certain tribal organizations, and FQHC Look-Alikes. FQHCs qualify for enhanced reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid, as well as other benefits. FQHCs must:
- Serve an underserved area or population
- Offer a sliding fee scale
- Provide comprehensive services
- Have an ongoing quality assurance program
- Have a governing board of directors
If you are interested in becoming an FQHC see So You Want to Start a Health Center...? A Practical Guide for Starting a Federally Qualified Health Center.
For grant questions
Division of Policy and Development
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Health Resources and Services Administration
National Association of
Community Health Centers Headquarters
For technical, policy, and operational assistance
on rural health issues including CMS
CMS Regional Office Rural Health Coordinators
There are more organizations related to Federally Qualified Health Centers in the organizations section.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and what are the benefits?
- What is a (FQHC) look-alike and what are the benefits?
- What is the Section 330 Public Health Service Act Health Center Program?
- Can a for-profit clinic be a health center?
- Is a board of directors required?
- Are there location requirements for FQHCs?
- Are there special staffing requirements for health centers?
- What types of services do health centers provide?
- Are there minimum hours that an FQHC must be open?
- Is a sliding fee scale required?
- What are the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and what is their role in administering Medicare Part A and Part B?
- How do I get certified as an FQHC or look-alike?
- How do I apply for the Section 330 PHS Act Health Center Program grant?